Welty, S, Teng, Y, Liang, Z, Zhao, W, Sanders, LH, Greenamyre, JT, Rubio, ME, Thathiah, A, Kodali, R, Wetzel, R, Levine, AS, and Lan, L. "RAD52 is required for RNA-templated recombination repair in post-mitotic neurons." Journal of Biological Chemistry 293, no. 4 (January 1, 2018): 1353-1362.
Gonzalez-Hunt, CP, Wadhwa, M, and Sanders, LH. "DNA damage by oxidative stress: Measurement strategies for two genomes." Current Opinion in Toxicology 7 (February 1, 2018): 87-94. (Review).
- Howlett E, Jensen N, Belmonte F et al. LRRK2 G2019S-induced mitochondrial DNA damage is LRRK2 kinase dependent and inhibition restores mtDNA integrity in Parkinson’s disease. Human Molecular Genetics. 2017;26(22):4340-4351. doi:10.1093/hmg/ddx320.
- Tapias, V, Hu, X, Luk, KC, Sanders, LH, Lee, VM, and Greenamyre, JT. "Synthetic alpha-synuclein fibrils cause mitochondrial impairment and selective dopamine neurodegeneration in part via iNOS-mediated nitric oxide production (Published online)." Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences 74, no. 15 (August 2017): 2851-2874.
- Lindström, V, Gustafsson, G, Sanders, LH, Howlett, EH, Sigvardson, J, Kasrayan, A, Ingelsson, M, Bergström, J, and Erlandsson, A. "Extensive uptake of α-synuclein oligomers in astrocytes results in sustained intracellular deposits and mitochondrial damage." Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience 82 (July 2017): 143-156.
- Sanders, LH, Paul, KC, Howlett, EH, Lawal, H, Boppana, S, Bronstein, JM, Ritz, B, and Greenamyre, JT. "Editor’s Highlight: Base Excision Repair Variants and Pesticide Exposure Increase Parkinson’s Disease Risk." Toxicological Sciences 158, no. 1 (July 2017): 188-198.
- Rocha, EM, De Miranda, B, and Sanders, LH. "Alpha-synuclein: Pathology, mitochondrial dysfunction and neuroinflammation in Parkinson’s disease." Neurobiology of Disease (April 2017).
- Sahoo, B, Arduini, I, Drombosky, KW, Kodali, R, Sanders, LH, Greenamyre, JT, and Wetzel, R. "Folding Landscape of Mutant Huntingtin Exon1: Diffusible Multimers, Oligomers and Fibrils, and No Detectable Monomer." Edited by DR Borchelt. PLOS ONE 11, no. 6 (June 6, 2016): e0155747-e0155747.
- Greenamyre, JT, Sanders, LH, and Gasser, T. "Fruit flies, bile acids, and Parkinson disease: a mitochondrial connection?" Neurology 85, no. 10 (September 2015): 838-839.
- Tyurina, YY, Polimova, AM, Maciel, E, Tyurin, VA, Kapralova, VI, Winnica, DE, Vikulina, AS, Domingues, MRM, McCoy, J, Sanders, LH, Bayır, H, Greenamyre, JT, and Kagan, VE. "LC/MS analysis of cardiolipins in substantia nigra and plasma of rotenone-treated rats: Implication for mitochondrial dysfunction in Parkinson's disease." Free radical research 49, no. 5 (May 2015): 681-691.
- Sanders, LH, Howlett, EH, McCoy, J, and Greenamyre, JT. "Mitochondrial DNA damage as a peripheral biomarker for mitochondrial toxin exposure in rats." Toxicological sciences : an official journal of the Society of Toxicology 142, no. 2 (December 2014): 395-402.
- Rooney, JP, Ryde, IT, Sanders, LH, Howlett, EH, Colton, MD, Germ, KE, Mayer, GD, Greenamyre, JT, and Meyer, JN. "PCR based determination of mitochondrial DNA copy number in multiple species." (October 11, 2014): 23-38. (Chapter)
- Sanders, LH, McCoy, J, Hu, X, Mastroberardino, PG, Dickinson, BC, Chang, CJ, Chu, CT, Van Houten, B, and Greenamyre, JT. "Mitochondrial DNA damage: molecular marker of vulnerable nigral neurons in Parkinson's disease." Neurobiology of disease 70 (October 2014): 214-223.
- Sanders, LH, Laganière, J, Cooper, O, Mak, SK, Vu, BJ, Huang, YA, Paschon, DE, Vangipuram, M, Sundararajan, R, Urnov, FD, Langston, JW, Gregory, PD, Zhang, HS, Greenamyre, JT, Isacson, O, and Schüle, B. "LRRK2 mutations cause mitochondrial DNA damage in iPSC-derived neural cells from Parkinson's disease patients: reversal by gene correction." Neurobiology of disease 62 (February 2014): 381-386.
- Sanders, LH, and Greenamyre, JT. "Oxidative damage to macromolecules in human Parkinson disease and the rotenone model." Free radical biology & medicine 62 (September 2013): 111-120. (Review)
- Muñoz, P, Paris, I, Sanders, LH, Greenamyre, JT, and Segura-Aguilar, J. "Overexpression of VMAT-2 and DT-diaphorase protects substantia nigra-derived cells against aminochrome neurotoxicity." Biochimica et biophysica acta 1822, no. 7 (July 2012): 1125-1136.
- Sanders, LH, and Greenamyre, JT. "Regulation of complex I by Engrailed is complex too." Nature neuroscience 14, no. 10 (October 2011): 1221-1222.
- Horowitz, MP, Milanese, C, Di Maio, R, Hu, X, Montero, LM, Sanders, LH, Tapias, V, Sepe, S, van Cappellen, WA, Burton, EA, Greenamyre, JT, and Mastroberardino, PG. "Single-cell redox imaging demonstrates a distinctive response of dopaminergic neurons to oxidative insults." Antioxidants & redox signaling 15, no. 4 (August 2011): 855-871.
- Paris, I, Muñoz, P, Huenchuguala, S, Couve, E, Sanders, LH, Greenamyre, JT, Caviedes, P, and Segura-Aguilar, J. "Autophagy protects against aminochrome-induced cell death in substantia nigra-derived cell line." Toxicological sciences : an official journal of the Society of Toxicology 121, no. 2 (June 2011): 376-388.
- Sanders, LH, Devadoss, B, Raja, GV, O'Connor, J, Su, S, Wozniak, DJ, Hassett, DJ, Berdis, AJ, and Sutton, MD. "Epistatic roles for Pseudomonas aeruginosa MutS and DinB (DNA Pol IV) in coping with reactive oxygen species-induced DNA damage." PloS one 6, no. 4 (April 18, 2011): e18824-.
- Sanders, LH, Sudhakaran, J, and Sutton, MD. "The GO system prevents ROS-induced mutagenesis and killing in Pseudomonas aeruginosa." FEMS microbiology letters 294, no. 1 (May 2009): 89-96.
- Heltzel, JMH, Scouten Ponticelli, SK, Sanders, LH, Duzen, JM, Cody, V, Pace, J, Snell, EH, and Sutton, MD. "Sliding clamp-DNA interactions are required for viability and contribute to DNA polymerase management in Escherichia coli." Journal of molecular biology 387, no. 1 (March 2009): 74-91.
- Maul, RW, Sanders, LH, Lim, JB, Benitez, R, and Sutton, MD. "Role of Escherichia coli DNA polymerase I in conferring viability upon the dnaN159 mutant strain." Journal of bacteriology 189, no. 13 (July 2007): 4688-4695.
- Sanders, LH, Rockel, A, Lu, H, Wozniak, DJ, and Sutton, MD. "Role of Pseudomonas aeruginosa dinB-encoded DNA polymerase IV in mutagenesis." Journal of bacteriology 188, no. 24 (December 2006): 8573-8585.
- Sanders, LH. "Phenotype of the zebrafish masterblind (mbl) mutant is dependent on genetic background." Developmental Dynamics 227, no. 2 (2003): 291-300.